September 07, 2004
Menu's out. No peanutz. Might have some 'uninvited' guests (my sis's friends from Taiwan here for a visit). We'll sell them coupons to buy our food with.
xxx
A slightly unfamiliar memory lane
I went to NUS today. I had to go down to IMM to get some stuff to structure my classroom with. I thought I would just 'transit' at Clementi and pop by NUS to have lunch and say hi to whichever prof I might bump into. Heh, guess who was the first one I bumped into? Prof Chua!
The arts canteen was so crowded when I went that I gave up the idea of 'reliving' the old times by having lunch there. Besides, well, really, many stalls have changed owners. But I still got myself a strawberry milkshake. hee...
So, after I decided not to have lunch with the lunch crowd, I popped by A/P Schmidt's office. He was in, but then, no surprise there. He doesn't leave his office a lot. We had a chat, talked about my work, my plans to further my studies, his newborn-9-days-old son, his opinion about the new B.A structure. My impression of my ex-sup has always not been congruent with that of most of my classmates.
Had a walk in the Co-op. Changed so much! And damn messy. Queue damn long, and the cashier damn slow. So, I put back what I wanted to buy and decided to go YIH for lunch. I had Genki sushi for lunch. hee...
It was supposed to be a walk down memory lane, but it turned out to be a rather unfamiliar lane. Except for the small intermission of bumping into Soon Kuan at the bus-stop. Still, I'm glad I stopped by, cos it's something I've been wanting to do ever since the start of this year.
Posted by 杏 cy (Jancy) at 22:14